Friday, October 26, 2007

Pumpkin Bars

These pumpkin bars are our favorite cold weather dessert. They are so yummy and we always have to give them away or else they will disappear at our house!

Pumpkin Bars

4 eggs
3/4 c. oil (can substitute applesauce for less calories and it's great too)
2 C flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp soda
1 1/2 C sugar
1 15 oz can of pumpkin
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon

Beat all together, spread into a sheet cake pan. Bake at 350 for 18-20 minutes. Cool at least 10 min and frost with cream cheese frosting.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/4 C butter or margarine
4 oz cream cheese, softened
1 tsp vanilla

Beat until smooth, add powdered sugar until it's a spreading consistency. Add a little milk if needed.

2 comments:

Lindsey and Ben said...

I remember these from the good old college days! I am going to make them tonight for our Halloween party we are going to! Yeah for the Recipe Rut Site!!!

Jen Holden said...

Yum Yum! I made these for a Halloween party. I thought I was safe...since I don't like "pumpkin" foods...but not a chance. These were so good!