I am always looking for ways to reduce or eliminate the oil in recipes and substitute yogurt instead. You can do it with a lot of sweet breads with success, so when I came across this recipe I decided to give it a try. They turned out great! We ate them with some fresh raspberry jam & cream although I'm sure they'd be good with anything!
- 3/4 C white whole wheat flour
- 1 C oat flour (oats ground up in the blender)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) vanilla yogurt (I used 1 vanilla & 1 mixed berry)
- 2 eggs
- 2 T butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat in yogurt, butter, eggs & butter until smooth. Bake in a preheated waffle iron golden brown. Top with flavored yogurt and fruit. Makes 4-6 waffles.