I haven't tried these yet, but I plan to make them when I need a fun dessert to take somewhere. They got good reviews on allrecipes.com. If you look up the recipe online there are also more suggestions for good frosting/topping combos. Let me know if they work out!
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package chocolate (or favorite flavor) cake mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container prepared chocolate frosting
- 1 (3 ounce) bar chocolate flavored confectioners coating.
- Prepare the cake mix according to package directions using any of the recommended pan sizes. When cake is done, crumble while warm into a large bowl, and stir in the frosting until well blended.
- Melt chocolate coating in a glass bowl in the microwave, or in a metal bowl over a pan of simmering water, stirring occasionally until smooth.
- Use a melon baller or small scoop to form balls of the chocolate cake mixture. Freeze for at least an hour. Dip the balls in chocolate using a toothpick or fork to hold them. You can also roll in coconut, nuts, sprinkles, etc. Place on waxed paper to set.